Although summer is almost officially over, it’s easy to correlate a hot day with yummy ice cream. Yet several hundred calories later, you may regret those big scoops. I know we all need to indulge every now and then, but here’s a healthy alternative with only two, yes TWO, ingredients.
Homemade Banana Ice Cream (1 to 2 servings)
- 2 Ripe Bananas
- Unsweetened Almond Milk (less fat and calories than cow’s milk & more vitamins and minerals)
Instructions (images below):
- Peel the bananas
- Cut them into little pieces
- Place them on a plate
- Leave in the freezer for two hours
- Take the frozen banana pieces and put them in a blender
- Add some almond milk
- Blend until you see a smooth, creamy texture
- And that’s it – delicious, nutritious ice cream
I actually made this last night for my fiancé and I as we enjoyed football Sunday. It’s a quick, guilt-free snack that’s packed with potassium, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, zinc, and so much more.