Ready or not – Mother’s Day is this Sunday! If you’re still in shock and have already hit the panic button in the gift-giving department, I’ve come to save the day.
Here are some of my favorite beauty products that can also be great gifts for your mom (not to mention, safer beauty options):
- Sally B’s Skin Yummies Healing Hand Butter – We’re constantly using our hands and most of us (I hope) wash our hands countless times a day. All of this wear and tear can can wreak havoc on the skin’s texture. Just a little dab of this every night can supply your mom’s skin with the added moisture that she needs. Trust me – with the essential oils and other natural ingredients, you can’t go wrong!
- Coconut Oil – There are so many overpriced moisturizers out there that are filled with chemicals we can’t even pronounce. Coconut oil is truly nature’s moisturizer that you can apply to your entire body. Read more about this amazing product in my The Many Faces of Coconut Oil post.
- Clarisonic – “Mom” is not equivalent to ” old”. Your mom deserves to feel like her face is properly cleansed and have the option to exfoliate at home without feeling like she has to shell out loads of money on a facial. I swear by this product, which you can read more about here. Sephora carries different colors so that you can make it more a personalized gift for your mom.
- Lifefactory Glass Water Bottle – I can’t stress enough that beauty comes from within as well. Whatever we ingest, and eventually digest, plays a huge factor in the appearance of our skin. We all know the basic benefits of water. Here’s a BPA-free, eco-friendly option, which I love. I travel with this all the time. My water bottle was a gift, but you can find these at any Whole Foods store.
- Pacifica Perfume – I’m currently in love with the California Star Jasmine scent. I especially adore the roll-on option that your mom can easily throw in her purse. They sell these at Whole Foods and other health stores.
- Physician’s Formula Organic Wear Mascara – Volumizing mascara without all the harsh chemicals. I generally pick up the 2-for-1 deals at Duane Reade.
- Sparitual Nail Polish – This is a great brand, that you can find at Sephora as well. If you want to treat your mom to a professional mani/pedi as well, she can bring the Sparitual nail polish, or whatever 3-free/5-free brand you choose, with her for beautiful nails that aren’t coated with toxins.
I hope something on this list suits your mom, but remember, the most important gift of all, although it sounds like a cliché, is LOVE. Celebrating Mother’s Day is a blessing. Spend time with your mom, grandmother, sister, etc. without the every day distractions (i.e. cell phones, computers, TV; except if you’re away and need to FaceTime or Skype each other). Just be in the moment!